Most pubs out there will offer cocktails on their drinks menu. The Rocksteady, a music pub offers many different types of fabulous cocktails. Cocktails are an infamous type of alcoholic beverage, traditionally sweet and a little bit fruity. There’s such a huge variety in them that there’s sure to be something for everyone to enjoy. Let’s take a look at the most signature cocktails to find out what ones are the most popular and how you can enjoy them too.
- The infamous ‘Mojito’– Mix together some white rum, some lime, some mint, sugar, and a bit of soda and you have yourself the infamous and delicious Mojito. This cocktail is everything you want in a summer drink – it’s refreshing and has a brilliant sour kick. Though if you fancy yourself something a little bit sweeter, why not swap out the lime and mint for strawberries instead?
- The sophisticated ‘Espresso Martini’– the black sheep on this list is the Espresso Martini but we can’t say that’s necessarily a bad thing. I mean, who the hell thought to put liquor in coffee and why did it take them so long to do it? Despite lacking in the sweet and the fruit department, this tasty cocktail is sure to impress anyone with its rich essence of flavors and its smooth sipping. A sophisticated cocktail that offers a new taste for your palate, it’s sure to go down a treat at the end of the night.
- The naughty ‘Sex on the Beach’– This classic cocktail is mega sweet on the tongue and bound to make you dream of lounging around in the sun on a resort you really can’t afford. Made up of vodka, peach schnapps, orange and cranberry juice, this is definitely a too easy to drink game changer. No drink with that much vodka in should go down so smoothly!
- The classic ‘Cosmopolitan’ –If you can’t pick between sweet and sour, this is the cocktail for you. This little number is made up of vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice, and lime but if you fancy a bit of a twist, why not add a dash of champagne to really finish it off?
- Sweet Pina Colada –You should really, really be relaxing at the beach when enjoying this one. It’s far too delicious for your dreary old kitchen but you can make do. Simple and incredibly sweet, the Pina Colada is made up of just rum, coconut milk, and pineapple juice. Like the Sex on the Beach, you’ll find it far too easy to knock a few of these ones down you in the hotter months but it’s OK, no ones watching because they’re doing it too.
Blood Mary – Known as the hangover cure of all hangover cures, a bloody mary is the most controversial cocktail on this list but is incredibly popular all the same. Like marmite, you either love or hate the blend of tomato juice, celery, vodka, Worcester sauce, and hot sauce. We’ll admit it doesn’t sound the most appealing when put down on paper but this drink is a fantastic burst of flavor on the taste buds. Refreshing, cold, and adding that extra flair you won’t get with other cocktails, bloody mary’s got enough spice to wake you up and get the party rolling.