Having a shed can be pretty useful for many purposes. Whether it’s for storage, gardening or industrial purpose, it’s vital to choose the best that suits the motive. With industrial manufacturing occurring at a more advanced pace, Australians can now buy cheap sheds from reliable stores across the country.
Mowing tools, automotive gear, and house or pool repair equipment can be safely stored inside an outdoor shed. Moreover, sheds act as natural covers against Australia’s scorching heat or the cold winters. However, before planning to buy cheap sheds for utility, take a look at these pointers first:
- Building Codes: Before purchasing a shed for the house, make sure that the specifications align with Australia’s building codes. Although companies usually consider these regulations, it doesn’t hurt if the homeowner looks into it as well. It also depends on the area, as permits for shed placement for cities varies differently for those in the suburbs and coasts. These restrictions or regulations may determine the location, size of the shed, and materials to be used, just to name a few. Once these statutes are followed, only then can the homeowner purchase the right fit for their use.
- What’s The Purpose?: Sheds have different uses. So it only makes sense if the location of placement satisfies the purposes as it makes for more efficient use. For example, buying a shed for storing pool equipment only makes sense if the shed is placed near the swimming pool. For those looking to use it as a workshop or for gardening, the window placements and other factors vary accordingly. How the shed will be used will ultimately determine the type of shed and the windows or doors that are to be installed.
- Location Of The Sheds: As long as the regulations see fit, sheds can be placed anywhere from the house layout to the outdoors. However, residents may not be allowed to place sheds near roads or pipelines and other areas.
- Size Of The Shed: Homeowners will have some freedom determining this factor during purchase as it is not as hounded by building regulations as its location. But then again, according to the purpose, size will also vary widely. For storage or gardening, it might be ideal to have a larger size compared to when it is used for storing small pool equipment or lawn tools.
Read Also: Ensuring Safety For The Construction Workers
Shed Specifications: This can be roughly divided into the following factors:
- Shed Material: Wooden sheds, plastics or metal sheds are the most commonly sought after shed materials in Australia. All these will depend upon the stuff stored inside and the level of security required, metal sheds being the most secure of them all. Wooden sheds are mainly used as garden sheds, and plastic sheds are the best option for those on a budget.
- Roofing Options: The roof must be designed in such a way that it withstands weather and temperature extremes without wearing down. Apex types are the popular ones, with flat roof types not far behind.
- The floor: Concrete floors can be used as a foundation as most sheds do not have an attached floor. When sheds are bought, they may come with supports to build a floor using timber or slabs and if a floor is provided, then make sure it’s stable enough and not prone to slipping.
Do remember that having a strong foundation is vital irrespective of the type of shed bought. Make sure that the foundation is sturdy, durable and not susceptible to dampness or high winds.