New developments boast much greater opportunities in the field of house protection. Construction contractors are applying new technologies, and smart sensors are added to the interior at the planning stage. If you are concerned about how to secure your home, also opt for a concierge apartment complex.
Many home management companies offer security services in addition to video surveillance. We also advise you to pay attention to such simple things as a reliable front door and durable hardware on the windows. However, one of the main aspects of safety is a calm city or area. If the question of how to protect your home is one of the most important to you, consider buying new homes in NJ state.
Ways to Secure Your Home
These simple home security tips will help you keep your property safe and provide peace of mind for all family members.
- Install an alarm. Such a system is one of the most reliable methods of protecting your home from thieves. In the event of a break-in, a loud siren is turned on, which scares off thieves, and the security company immediately goes to the facility.
- Choose a reliable door. Burglary is the most common way for thieves to enter a home. A metal door will protect your home from theft better than a wooden one. If you move to a new home, be sure to change the lock, because you never know who else may have duplicate keys.
- Do not leave windows open. Even if you plan to leave the house for only an hour, be sure to check if all windows are securely closed. A window left in the deceptively safe micro-ventilation mode will not be an obstacle to thieves. Install locks on the windows that come in handy if you have to leave home for a longer time.
- An illuminated courtyard reduces the risk of theft, especially if the lamp is equipped with a motion sensor. The suddenly turned on light can not only scare away an unexpected guest but also attract the attention of others.
- Give the impression that you are at home. More often than not, thieves target houses or apartments whose owners are away. If you are planning to go on a weekend or vacation, you give the impression that someone is at home. For example, leave the radio on. A timer-controlled light switch that automatically turns the lights on and off may also be helpful.
- Get to know your neighbors. They know the surroundings well and can pay attention if any suspicious things happen in the entrance or area. Vigilant neighbors will definitely call you if a stranger tries to break into your home.
Secure your doors
All entrance doors must be tight and made of the following materials:
- Solid wood;
- Strong wooden box;
- Metal (iron doors must be reinforced from the inside and have a blocking lock, otherwise they can be removed from the frame with a jack).
Better than the doors open outward. Also, an additional obstacle for burglars will be special protective hinges. Replace all exterior doors with windows that are completely opaque. For maximum security, all doors should be windowless and it is not recommended to have windows near the doors, as this will allow the criminal to break the glass and unlock the lock from the inside.
Reinforce the windows
Types of protective structures for windows:
- Protective coating on the glass;
- Anti-burglary fittings;
- Varieties of lattices;
- Motion sensors.
Secure your garage
The garage is easy to open. However, you can significantly reduce the chances of a hijacker to succeed by using a few simple methods:
- Choose a modern lock and durable roller shutters;
- Connect sensors of the Smart Home system that react to movement;
- Install video surveillance and alarm systems.
Vanguard your Wi-Fi
You must turn off the general access to your WI-FI point. Otherwise, intruders will gain access to control all the sensors in the house. Use a strong password to access your WI-FI hotspot. In the device settings, prohibit the automatic connection of your devices to open WI-FI points.