The recent social revolution in menstrual hygiene questions the use of disposable sanitary pads made of plastic and propels the search for various alternative means. This article will elaborate on the advantages of using hemp sanitary pads over non-biodegradable pads.
Why are disposable plastic-based sanitary products harmful?
- The ‘plastic shield’ that prevents moisture and the blood from seeping through the sanitary pad is the Unique Selling Point (USP) for numerous companies. Although the shield thwarts distressing bloodstains during periods, there is no proper disposal system for menstrual waste. Mountains of it are produced every month, generally in the form of sanitary pads. As plastic-based sanitary pads do not decompose easily, the menstrual waste itself, comprising of blood and body fluids, is an added source of pollution that can cause terminal diseases.
- The plastic in the sanitary pads, although efficiently checks the moisture, caters to a breeding ground for bacterial and fungal infections. Thus causing inflammation, irritation, and allergic reactions in the vagina and vulva.
It can spearhead pelvic inflammatory diseases and cervical cancer. It endangers the reproductive health of women, impacting their fertility in the long run.
- Plastic-based pads are required to be changed recurrently to avert bacterial build-up. It often becomes a hazard when there are no toilets available or one is traveling with no access to disposal bins.
What is the alternative?
Reusable sanitary pads crafted from natural fibers such as wool, cotton, bamboo, hemp are sustainable alternatives to mass-produced plastic napkins. They work the same way as disposable pads, which are highly absorbent and safe for health as well as the environment.
Hemp sanitary pads: Why should it be used as an alternative?
Environmental awareness has ushered in the demand and supply of cannabis sanitary napkins in the markets. The majority of hemp produced is used to produce oil. The dried plants leftover usually end up in landfills. Hemp sanitary pads are manufactured by using these leftovers.
These pads are comfortable and offer excellent protection for normal to high flow during menstruation or light bladder leakages.
The structure of hemp fiber allows it to absorb moisture up to 500% of its weight. Thus, the napkins offer a high coefficient of air-flow and preserving the optimum for bodily heat exchange.
What are the advantages of using hemp pads?
- These sanitary napkins are 100% organic, biodegradable, and reusable.
- Made of natural fiber, unbleached and undyed, cannabis sanitary napkins prevent antibacterial, antifungal, infections and are also anti-inflammatory.
- They are rash resistant and UV resistant.
- The use of cannabis sanitary napkins reduces the chances of ovarian cancer, prevents hormonal dysfunction and thyroid problems.
- The ecological pads are specifically suitable for post-natal menstruating women.
- They are softer than disposables plastic-based pads and gets softer with washing, and can be treated with gentle laundry bleaches as required.
- These pads are leak-proof and lightweight. Moreover, the absorbency of hemp pads increases with the first few washes.
Hemp sanitary napkins are the ecological and economical choice to maintain menstrual hygiene.
- Travel Tips in the Big City: How to Get Around Smoothly
- How to treat hypothyroidism with the help of Synthroid?
- These Are the Best Australian Cities to Put on Your Travel Bucket List
- How To Save A Powerpoint As A PDF Using Your Phone
- Boost Your Search Traffic With the Ultimate Technical SEO Audit Guide