Do you want to make someone’s day special? And looking for a delicious dish that will bring smile on your favorite person?
Then nothing is perfect than a banana bread! Banana bread is one of the favorite, classic, all-American food recipe that fills the heart of a person with happiness. Banana bread is magic.
As it is the all-time favorite recipe of everyone, I have updated my blog with its step by step recipe that will show you how to make Vegan Banana bread at home. Since my last recipe, I got many requests to make banana bread so I tried it with different variations but at the end banana bread tastes perfect.
This banana bread recipe is kid as well as adult friendly and is all-time favorite due to a good reason and that is delicious.
What Makes This Banana Bread Healthy?
- It is made up of 100% pure whole wheat flour and not like the traditional banana bread recipe that was made of refined flour and processed sugar.
- This recipe includes reasonable amount of oil rather than the whole stick of butter.
- It is sweetened with honey and maple syrup.
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil or virgin olive oil
- 2 full eggs
- 1/2 cup of honey or maple syrup whatever you like
- 1 full cup of mashed ripe bananas (2 large bananas must be enough or 2 1/2 medium size bananas)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda (No baking powder)
- 1/4 cup of milk of your choice or water
- 1/2 tablespoon of salt (not more than that)
- 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups of regular whole wheat flour
- Optional:1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans, chocolate chips, raisins and banana slices.
Read Also: How to Stay Awake without a Cup of Coffee?
How to Make Banana Bread (Step By Step)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C and grease the 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Take 2 large bananas or 3 to 4 medium sized bananas and mash them in a bowl. The weight of these bananas should be around 300 grams or 10.5 ounce.
- Now take a large bowl and add honey and oil of your choice and beat them together. Add egg one by one and beat them well.
- Then whisk in the mashed bananas in the bowl and mix it well. Now add the milk or water in it and mix it.
- Now add the vanilla extract, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon and whisk to blender to it mix well.
- Next is to add the flour in it and take large spoon and stir the flour in the mixture. Some lumps are okay! (You can add walnuts, almonds, chocolate chips, or raisins if required)
- Now grease the loaf pan and put the batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle cinnamon on it.
- Bake it for around 50 to 60 minutes or until the toothpick can easily come out if inserted into the center of it. After it is baked, let the bread cool down in the loaf pan for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut the bread with the knife and you are ready to eat or server the banana bread.
Use brown sugar if honey or maple syrup is not present.
For best results use really ripe bananas that have brown spots all over it.
Wrap the bread overnight to prevent it from drying out.